Why I became a doTERRA Wellness Advocate
Why did I become a doTERRA Wellness Advocate? Well let me tell you…
About 15 years ago I stumbled upon Essential Oils in a health food store. I had heard good things about Lavender essential oil in particular and thought I may as well give it a try. Plus it smelled great!
I used that little bottle of Lavender for nearly everything and this was before Pinterest so I had no idea how many other things Lavender can be used for. I bought a few books on Aromatherapy and read them and even searched for courses online but never really got fully into it.
Fast forward 10 years when my Mother-in-law had been having some health problems and turned to Essential Oils. She was a DoTERRA Wellness Advocate and started telling me all about the oils she was using and how they had helped her without all the side effects from modern medicine.
My husband who was rather skeptical being a scientist in the medical field did not believe that they could be of any help with other than “they smelled good”.
That night our daughter who was around the age of 3 was crying uncontrollably which may have been caused by us being out of town and her schedule was completely thrown off so she was probably overtired causing her to meltdown.
We were a little worried with this being our first child and all so we weren’t exactly “seasoned parents” just yet.
This is where Lavender makes its big entrance into our lives..
My Mother-in-law hears the commotion and enters with her doTERRA Lavender Essential Oil in hand and takes an inconsolable child from my arms and tells me, “I’ve got this”. She took her to her bedroom and placed some of this magical oil (diluted with Fractionated Coconut Oil) on her forehead, bottoms of feet and on her back.
My husband and I were waiting in the living room wondering what we were going to say when she walked out saying, “It didn’t work! You guys are on your own!”
Instead she came back out without my daughter who was fast asleep on the bed and told us,” And that is how it’s done.” We signed up the next day. 😉
Today (Around 6 years later) we use the oils for so many things that the list may go on forever. Here are just a few ways we incorporate the oils into our daily life.
- I throw a few drops of Melaleuca (also known as Tea Tree oil) in my daughter’s shampoo bottle and spray bottle filled with water for when I do her hair every morning. Melaleuca wards off lice. Her classroom so far this year has had 2 lice outbreaks resulting in a note sent home to parents warning them and to have them check their child. Never had a problem so far. My son has not had any problems either in his Pre-K class.
- Whenever I hear any words of, “Mommy I don’t feel good.” Or “My throat hurts” I get out my On Guard Blend which helps support a healthy immune system. I wrote a whole post about it here.
- I use doTERRA Balance Blend every morning to give myself a positive outlook on my day and we all know that is a good thing. This oil creates a sense of calmness and well-being and has become one of my favorites.
- I like to mop my floors and clean my countertops and surfaces with a few drops of either On Guard, Purify or Lemon essential oils. These are antibacterial and safe to use without any harmful chemicals plus they make my house smell great and that’s the most important thing. 🙂
- I put 1 drop of Lavender Essential Oil into my mascara tube which makes my lashes stronger and healthy. I would put it in my shampoo as well but I already use the doTERRA Shampoo and Conditioner they have available for purchase. This company sells everything I need! See what I mean here!
- If any one of us has indigestion or heartburn I put 1 drop of Peppermint oil into a glass of water to drink or use DigestZen Blend on their belly. Sometimes I do both.
These are just a few of our uses for them like I said I use them for almost everything under the sun and would be here for hours writing about them if I listed them all. Now these oils are NOT ordinary grocery store/health food store oils. These are the real deal with no fillers. The more pure the Essential Oil, the more powerful the results. Many of the store bought oils available are not pure. They contain fillers or other elements that dilute and alter the purity, thus diminishing the healthful qualities of the oil.
Joining The doTERRA Membership
To Join doTERRA you don’t have to become a Wellness Advocate. You can if you want to share the knowledge of the oils and build with the company but if that is not for you then you can simply just sign up as a Wholesale Customer which gives you an account to buy your oils with the wholesale prices vs the retail prices that non-members pay.
Setting up a Wholesale Account is like getting a membership to Costco. You pay a fee of $35 and you can purchase your oils and products at a discounted price. No other requirements. To keep your wholesale account active you just have to buy 1 item every year.
You can also purchase an enrollment kit and the $35 enrollment fee is waived. There are several different kits.
Yearly renewal fee is $25 and you get a free bottle of 15 ml Peppermint oil as a thank you for renewing with doTERRA.
Wholesale Customers can’t sign up new members and are only accounts to buy your oils. If you want to sign up members, have your own doTERRA website and build with the company then you can upgrade to a Wellness Advocate at a later date if you find yourself wanting to go that route after while.
Loyalty Rewards Program (LRP)
This is doTERRA’s monthly oil club that is the most cost effective way to purchase products and is optional. You can set up a monthly order template and earn a percentage back (up to 30%) from all your orders and get free products! You can set your shipping date and items to order whenever you want. You also earn your shipping back in free product points when placing online LRP orders.
Product Points accumulate from each Loyalty Rewards Program order you place. The percentage of the product points you earn is based on the kit you purchase at the time you receive your wholesale membership. This percentage grows over time. If your order is 50 PV (PV is personal volume) or more every month, your percentage that you get back increases 5 percent every 3 months until you reach 30 percent. Each product is assigned a specific PV. In many cases, the PV is equal to the wholesale price of the product.
Product of the Month Club
An LRP order placed between the 1st and the 15th with 125 PV or more qualifies a member to receive the Product of the Month free of charge. The POM varies every month.
I hope this helps to answer some of the questions you may have had about DoTERRA. If you have any further questions regarding anything in this post or want to know more about oils or would like to join my team of DoTERRA essential oil customers (Wellness Advocate or Wholesale Customer) then send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit my doTERRA website at mydoterra.com/mamasqueaks
If you would like to join my team of Wholesale Customers and Wellness Advocates CLICK HERE!
Thanks for stopping by,
“These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease.”